Do you still remember that unexpected wave of heat a couple of weeks ago? With no air conditioning at work (at least in our beloved Jean Monnet) the productivity levels fell down tremendously and the only reasonable response to this Luxembourgish joke was the long awaited picnic in the park!
It was spontaneous and it was a great success:
- A lot of us showed up (in fact, so many there was no time to chat with everyone!).
- A group of ECA trainees joined us as well, which left many of us saying “I don’t know half of the people here…” and left them surprised by how good we are at organising things.
- We played all the kinds of fun park games you could think of: badminton, frisbee, “hot potato”, football, that strange game which involved a lot of running and a ball (“la passe à dix”?)… among others.
- We finally had a reason to complain about how unbearably hot it is. For a change.
- Running barefoot on the grass felt so summer-like it was easy to forget any serious unfinished tasks at work.
- Food! From strawberries to cherries to cookies to carrots to sandwiches to all those other delicious things we can’t really afford on a daily basis.
- And the best of all, of course, was the company. The fact that in these months we have become a group of friends and we have more and more fun every time we meet. Don’t we?
The evening thus flew by unnoticed and once the sun went down, it was hard to believe it was 10 o’clock already. Thanks to the Food & Wine SC for the initiative and let’s wait for more!
Photos by Jernej, Mojca, Juan Pablo, Vaida & ECA trainees